Saturday 21 January 2012

Featured Recipe

I used to hate broccoli. I would pick it out of things or would choke it down with lots and lots of milk. As I've gotten older, I have realized there are worse things than broccoli and that it is actually really good for me. So I've had to come up with ways to make it more appealing to me. I have discovered that if I pair it with flavours I enjoy (lemon and garlic, in particular), it's not so bad. Here's one of those new ways:

Broccoli Slaw
Serves 2

1/2 package broccoli slaw mix (approx 150 grams)
2 TBSP mayo
1 TBSP milk
pinch of black pepper
1/4 tsp dried dill
1 tsp garlic powder (use Johnny's Garlic seasoning, if you have it)
1 tsp lemon juice

Method:
1. Mix all the ingredients except the slaw and the lemon juice in a small bowl. Use a fork or a small whisk to stir the dressing until smooth and creamy
2. Add the lemon juice and stir to mix (adding it after everything is mixed together prevents the milk from curdling)
3. Pour over the broccoli and stir to mix. Serve immediately.

This is also nice as a sauce for steamed broccoli

No comments:

Post a Comment