Thursday 29 December 2011

What's for Dinner?

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and a happy holiday season and I wish all the best in 2012.
Christmas totally de-railed my attempt at eating low carb, but it's back on the wagon now and hopefully all the delicious, tempting cookies and chocolates and treats from the season are all gone until next year.

Here's what I am going to attempt to make this week.
Tonight was spaghetti squash "pasta" with a tomato, shallot sauce with ham (I was going to make it the week before last, but didn't ever get around to it). Both the hubby and I were skeptical (I have never liked spaghetti squash) but it was really really good and my husband said he didn't even miss the pasta! See today's featured recipe for all the details.
Other meals are going to include Parmesan Chicken Strips (see today's other featured recipe) with caesar salad. I made these last week and they were quite amazing and I wished there was more (I even got the hubby to eat caesar salad!);
Chili is a must for winter in my house and I managed to find a poblano pepper at the grocery store and it is going to go so great in the chili. I'm not adding rice like I usually do though, to keep with the "low-carb" theme;
I'm making whole wheat bowtie pasta with kielbasa sausage and peppers (I can have pasta occasionally and I mainly making it for hubby as it is his favourite);
I'm going to do another crust-less quiche as it is easy and fast and full of protein. This one is going to have peppers, onions and bacon topped with Monterrey jack cheese (my fave combo for quiche);
And last but most certainly not least, mini meatloaves with lemon-dill broccoli slaw (a new found favourite).
Who says low-carb can't be delicious?

Bon Apetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment