Thursday 8 September 2011

My Favourite Kitchen Tools - Part 1

Attached to food processor
Hand blender!
I must profess my love for my hand blender (or my "jjuujjjjer, as I call it, because that's the sound it makes).
It is probably one of the greatest kitchen gadgets ever invented. And mine is swanky: it comes with the regular blender attachment, a whisk attachment and a mini food processor attachment.
I got it as a Christmas gift one year from my father-in-law and I have been in love with it ever since. It makes the best smoothies, whips cream in no time at all and the food processor attachment is perfect for chopping nuts for cookies or making breadcrumbs. I talked so much about how great it is that my parents went out and bought the same one and they love it too!


My other favourite gadget is my microplane. It too was a gift - my old boss gave it to me for Administrative Professionals day a few years back. I have a love for pretty much all things lemon and this makes zesting a lemon so easy. The removable box attachment on the top is for doing small things like garlic so you don't end up zesting your fingers. I don't use it for garlic because I like pieces of garlic in my food rather than grated garlic, but it would be great for making garlic mashed potatoes. Hmmmm, I may have to try that....
Microplane
With box attachment

No comments:

Post a Comment