Sunday 11 September 2011

What's for Dinner?

So typically every Sunday I plan my menu for the week and do a big shop at Superstore (it's hard to beat their prices and the products are good too). This week is going to be a lot of leftovers again as mortgage comes out the day BEFORE payday, which is always handy. So, sadly, I've only planned 2 meals with 2 days of leftovers. And tonight was hotdogs. And some bbq chips. Sad, I know. But, I did buy those all-natural hot dogs (I think they're the Schneider's Country Naturals, or something) and they are darn good. I get a hankering for hotdogs every now and then and these don't have any mechanically separated meat, no weird fillers and no ingredients that I don't know what they are. and they're comparable in price to other weiners.

Now, on to the menu:
Tomorrow: Whole wheat penne with a chicken stock based white sauce with peppers and onions.
Tuesday: Quinoa salad with raw veggies and ground chicken. I'm not quite sure what to do for the sauce here, but I'm thinking something southwest-ish with maybe some salsa and smoky cumin. My mouth wants the dressing from the Glory Bowl (an amazing dressing from Whitewater Cooks. My mom made it when we went to visit my folks a few weeks back and it is super yummy. The recipe calls from brown rice and tofu, but we made it with quinoa and chicken instead) but that's just not in the cards this time. Here' a link to the recipe: http://www.canada.com/globaltv/bc/story.html?id=4a9cd9f8-f16b-40de-ab67-a95730b1adce)

Hopefully next week will be more exciting and I'll have at least 5 amazing dishes to talk about. Until then,

Bon Apetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment