Monday 19 September 2011

What's for Dinner?

Today is a sad day; I drank the last of the "housewarming" tequila we got when we moved into our house 11 months ago. But did I enjoy it and enjoy drinking it out of one of my heavy, blue topped glasses I bought in Mexico? You sure bet I did.

So, what's for dinner this week? Well, on Friday we had Parmesan crusted pork chops, "army" potatoes (cooked in the oven in tinfoil with olive oil and onions) and lemon garlic broccoli.
First, you coat the pork chops in Parmesan, then dip in egg, then coat in Italian style bread crumbs
They cook for about 20 minutes (should be brown and crispy and at least 160 degrees F)
Dinner!
Saturday was a potluck at a friend's house and I made homemade kettle corn (super easy, it''s almost like caramel corn, but only takes 15 minutes to make!). Sunday was leftovers. Today, was chicken pot pie. I have been craving it since I saw a co-worker eating it at lunch last week and today I finally made it. And it was totally worth it. The trick to chicken pot pie is to forget the pastry and put biscuit dough on the top instead. I made a big 9x13 pan and is so delicious.
Yum!
Tomorrow is lasagne for my hubby's birthday (it's his favourite and I make it for him every year). Wednesday may be leftovers as I have an early evening commitment. Thursday is what I like to call "Greek Tacos" which is basically homemade souvlaki wraps, but calling them Greek Tacos is just way more fun.  Friday will be Chicken Empanadas (empanadas are kind of like Mexican samosas - meat, potatoes and spices wrapped in pastry and baked). It makes a huge amount of filling and it is delicious in wraps later.

If you couldn't tell, fall is upon us and I'm all about the comfort food. Hope you enjoy!

Bon Apetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment